Apply for copy of a Birth Certificate
The Iberville Parish Clerk of Court offers Birth Certificates at our office located on the first floor of The Iberville Parish Courthouse located at 58050 Meriam Street in Plaquemine, Louisiana. Certificates are available on a walk-in basis only from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. No appointment is necessary.
Access to Death Certificates Records Contact:
We are glad to offer this convenient service to the citizens of Iberville Parish! The application form and informational sheets with all requirements and fees may be accessed through the link below.
Persons who apply for a certified copy of a BIRTH OR DEATH certificate must produce identification in the form of one primary document or two secondary documents.
A. Primary Documents
- Current state issued driver's license that displays a photograph which clearly identifies the applicant.
- Current state issued picture identification that displays a photograph which clearly identifies the applicant.
- Current U.S. military identification card that displays a photograph which clearly identifies the applicant.
- Current U.S. issued or Foreign issued Passport
- U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550, N-570 or N-578)
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-578)
- High School Students - a current school yearbook or a current school identification document with a photograph which clearly identifies the applicant.
B. Secondary Documents
- Current student picture identification card from a college or university when accompanied by a 100% fee paid receipt for the current semester. (COUNTS AS TWO DOCUMENTS)
- A W-2 form issued within the last two years plus an original signed Social Security Card. The Social Security numbers must match. (COUNTS AS TWO DOCUMENTS)
- Social Security card
- Original adoption papers
- Official certified deeds or title to property
- Certificate of vehicle title
- Insurance policy must show name of the applicant (Health, Home, Life, and Auto).
- Payroll stub (cannot be handwritten) showing the name and social security number of the applicant.
- Current U.S. military dependent identification card that displays a photograph which clearly identifies the applicant.
- Original DD-214 Military Discharge document which clearly identifies the applicant.
- Voter's Registration application (certified true copy)
**IMPORTANT: IN CASES WHERE APPLICANTS PROVIDE OR ATTEST TO FALSE INFORMATION, THE INDIVIDUAL WHO SIGNS THE APPLICATION IS THE INDIVIDUAL PROSECUTED.
Who May Order A Birth Certificate:
- The person named on the document
- The current spouse of the person named on the document
- Mother or father of the person named on the document
- An adult child of the person named on the document
- Sister/brother of the person named on the document
- Grandmother or grandfather of the person named on the document
- Grandchild of the person named on the document
- An attorney representing one of the above with a signed contract of representation or authorization.
When another adult other than the legally entitled individuals listed above is requesting the record of a child, they must present a judgment of custody for the child. Notarized custody papers or provisional custody mandates are not acceptable.