Check Your Jury Summons: Please make sure that your name and address are correct on your Jury Subpoena or Summons. If changes are needed, please notify the Jury Commission Office within the Clerk of Court’s Office.
- Grand Jury for Judge Elizabeth A. Engolio Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 9:00am.
Once you reach the age of 70, you may claim a personal exemption to be excused. You must provide that information to the Jury Commission Office prior to the jury duty date. Simply call the Clerk of Court at 225-687-5160 and make the request.
- Proper Attire: The following clothing items are not acceptable for jurors: shorts, tank tops, baseball caps or hats. Cell Phones, tablets and pagers are not allowed in the courtroom as well.
- Payment of Jurors: Jurors will be paid $25.00 per day and 16 cents a mile for jurors traveling from outside of Plaquemine. Checks will be mailed to the address on your subpoena.
- Jury Cancellations: Many times, a civil or criminal (petit) jury is summoned to serve and the case cancels or settles just before the summons date leaving the Clerk’s Office without time to notify its prospective jurors. There is on each summons a number: 1-800-273-2666 which prospective jurors should call the night before they are to appear. Callers will reach a recording with information pertaining to their jury duty date. It is always best to call the night before you are to appear.
- Facilities: There are public restrooms in the lobby of all three floors of the courthouse. There is an ATM machine on the second floor of the courthouse. Smoking is not prohibited inside the Iberville Parish Courthouse.
- Excuses: Anyone wishing to be excused from Jury Duty must provide a valid excuse in letter form to the Jury Commission Office, at P.O. Box 362, Plaquemine, LA 70765-0362 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your full name, address, and date of your jury duty, your phone number as well as for what Judge you’ve been summoned to appear before. Any medical excuses can be faxed directly from your Doctor’s Office to the Clerk’s Office at 225-687-5260. Please attention your requests to the Jury Commission Office. We will present your excuse to the proper Judge. Only the Judge can excuse a prospective juror.
"Thank you for your valued service as an 18th Judicial District Court Juror."